Dates: Thursday, June 29 – Saturday, August 12, 2017 • (6.5 weeks total)
Program Description: The LIT program is designed to train and equip youth (17 & 18 y/o) who have a desire to become leaders in Christ for camp, their churches and their community.
The program is built in 3 parts:
- Training – We kick off the summer with a weekend team-building experience, a (“Club Med” style) canoe trip, and then follow it up with one week of Spiritual teaching and one week of Leadership and skills based training.
- On-site Service – LITs are given three weeks to serve as an assistant in each of the areas of camp: Cabin Leading, Program and Support (i.e. kitchen, dining hall or maintenance).
- Off-site Service – While our destination is yet to be announced, LITs will go for a one week off-site experience to a Church Day Camp. This could be a sports camp or a VBS program.
If you require financial assistance try some of these options:
- Ask your Church – many churches have funds set aside for youth leadership development. Speak with your Youth Pastor or Lead Pastor to find out what resources are available to you.
- Fund Raise – ask your family and church congregation to support you in your pursuit of personal and spiritual growth. Camp is a mission field! We are here to win kids for Christ. Share the mission of camp with those around you and ask if they would be willing to support you.
- LITs are to come to camp with one means of payment for the cost of the program. All funds raised are to be handled directly by the LIT or his/her family.
- Apply for a Camp Sponsorship – contact Camp Crossroads and ask about receiving a “campership”. This fund is designed to support campers who cannot afford a week of camp. LITs may apply for a campership if they have no other means of financial assistance.
LITs who also sign up to be a Youth Week camper will receive a $100 discount off their registration fee.